PATTON INSURANCE LIMITED
18 Academy Court, Oliver Plunkett Road, Letterkenny, Co Donegal
Patton Insurances Limited t/a Harte Insurance (Harte Insurance) value our relationship with you and we are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. We want you to understand why we collect personal information about you, how we use it, your rights regarding this information, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
Who we are
Harte Insurance is a non-life insurance broker located at 18 Academy Court, Oliver Plunkett Road, Letterkenny, Co Donegal. Directors are Patricia Patton APA and Joseph Patton. Contact details are: Telephone 074 91 25955: Fax: 074 91 26243: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org: email@example.com: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are regulated by the Central Bank or Ireland and we are members of Brokers Ireland
Why we collect and store personal data and how we use it
In order for use to provide you with insurance products, services and advice we need to collect certain personal data including name, address, telephone number, email address, date and place of birth, gender, marital status, financial details such as direct debit or payment card information, driver license number, insurance history including claims, details of any convictions, vehicle, property and business details including sums insured and similar relevant information. We will ensure that the information we collect will be appropriate to the provision of the product, service or advice you require from us, you will not be asked for information that is not needed for the stated purpose. We will ensure that we will process (collect, store and use} the information you provide in a manner that is compatible with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate, complete and up to date and not keep it longer than is necessary. We are required to retain certain information in accordance with law and how long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business sector requirements and financial regulation.
Know your rights
You have the right to:
- Ask for a copy of the information we hold about you. Requests must be made in writing including by Email, fax or text. We will respond to your request within 40 calendar days(right of access)
- Ask us to update or correct your personal information to ensure its accuracy. We would welcome any corrections to your information and, in certain cases, it is required by your insurance policy (right of rectification)
- Ask us to delete your personal information from our records if it is no longer needed for the original purpose (right to be forgotten)
- Ask us to restrict the use of your personal information in certain circumstances (right of restriction)
- Ask us at any time to stop using your personal information if using it based only on your consent (right to withdraw consent)
- Have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation (right of portability)
- Object to us using your personal information (right to object)
- Complain if you feel your personal information has been mishandled. We encourage you to come to us in the first instance but you are entitled to complain directly to the Data Protection Commissioner , Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co Laois: Telephone +353 (0) 761 104 8000: + 353 (0) 57 8684800: Email: info@ dataprotection.ie
Sharing your data
We may make your information available to third party service providers where that third party is providing services on our behalf. We will only provide information that is necessary for them to carry out the services required. Any third parties that we share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely and only use the data to fulfil the service they provide on your behalf. In the unlikely event that we transfer data outside the EU we will ensure that the recipient has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies are available to you.
We take our security responsibilities seriously, employing the most appropriate physical and technical measures, including staff training and awareness and we review these matters on a regular basis.
Automated decision-Making and Profiling
Automated decision making and profiling are techniques often used in the financial services sector to both streamline processes and to measure or identify opportunities. An automated decision is one that concerns an individual, uses that individual’s personal data, is made entirely without human intervention and has important consequences for the individual. Profiling is any kind of automated processing which uses personal data to analyse or predict certain characteristics or preferences of an individual. Harte Insurance will not engage in automated decision making or profiling.
Harte Insurance will not engage in any form of direct marketing. In the unlikely event that our policy in this regard will change we will inform you accordingly and will seek your explicit consent. You have the right to withhold such consent.
lf you have any questions or comments about our Privacy Notice or how we use your personal information please contact our Managing Director, Patricia Patton, at Harte Insurance, 18 Academy Court, Oliver Plunkett Road, Letterkenny, Co Donegal; e-mail email@example.com; telephone 074 91 25955